If you know how to make a request politely you will make a better impression on others. Being polite is important, with your friends, family and strangers.
- Would you please… ?
- Could you please…?
- Can you please… ? (informal)
Example Sentences: –
Would you please wake me up at 7am?
- – Could you please carry my suitcase? It’s really heavy.
- – Could you please fill out this form?
- – Would you please bring us two cups of coffee with sugar?
- – Could you please tell me your name again? I seem to have forgotten it.
- – Would you please call Mr. Peterson and tell him I am running late?
- – Can you please give me another drink?
- – Could you please say that again?
Would you mind… ?
- -Would you mind closing the door? It’s really loud out there.
- -Would you mind telling me where you bought this salad? It’s delicious.
- -Would you mind turning down the music? I can’t hear you.
- -Would you mind if I used your phone really quickly? I have to call my grandmother.
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases IELTS LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Reg Files Sentence Snippets Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice