Neighborhoods and Houses
There are any types of places to live; with a house and an apartment being the most common. Below you will learn some vocabulary to help you talk about and describe where you live.
- Urban:a population dense area, main area of a city
- Rural: a place where very few people live
- Suburb: a place outside of the city but not too far away
- Apartment: several rooms that form a dwelling, there are usually many in the same building
- Condo: Similar to an apartment by is usually privately owned
- Duplex: house that is separated and has two separate dwelling areas
- House: single family home/building
- Rent: you pay a monthly fee to live in a place
- Own: the property is your personal possession
- Roommate: someone you live with
- I rent __________.
- I live in __________ .
- I pay ______ per month for rent.
- I live with ______________ in a ______________.
- 1- I rent a two bedroom apartment downtown. My friend John is my roommate.
- 2- I live in a rural area outside of Atlanta with my family.
- 3- We own a duplex in a suburb of Toronto.
- 4- My rent is $1000 per month.
- 5- I live with my sister in an apartment.
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases IELTS LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Reg Files Sentence Snippets Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice