Making Plans/Making Excuses
Everyone has to make plans; whether it is to go to a meeting or out to eat. Below you will learn some common phrases for making plans with someone and making excuses.
- Do you want to _________?
- Would you like to ________?
- Can you please _________?
- Do you want to go to the movies with me?
- Would you like to go to the beach?
- Can you please pick me up at 3pm?
- Yes, I would.
- Yes, I think that will work.
It is rude to just say ‘no’ when someone wants to make plans or do something with you.
- I’d like to but ________.
- I can’t because _________.
- Sorry, that won’t work because __________.
- I have other plans.
- I’m busy that day.
- I’d like to but I don’t have any money.
- I can’t because I’m sick.
- Sorry, that won’t work because I have class.
- I have other plan on Saturday.
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases IELTS LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Reg Files Sentence Snippets Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice