Crime, Safety and Police
Crime, safety and police are topics that you should know how to talk about. Even if you do not experience crime first hand; you will hear and see crime talked about on the news and TV. It is a common topic.
- High Crime Rate- a lot of crimes in a certain area or year
- Low Crime Rate- few crimes in a certain area or year
- Victim of a crime- person that had a crime committed against them
In Case of an Emergency:
- Call the Police!
- Call 9-1-1!
Reporting a Crime/Problem:
- There is a fire at ________________. (state location or address)
- Someone has been hurt at ___________. (state location or address)
Arrested: the police detained a person
Charged with ___:
Ticket/Fine: Money you have to pay to the police or government for breaking or violating a law. (For
example: parking illegally, driving too fast, etc.)
List of Crimes/Problems:
- Robbed- something was taken without permission
- Pick pocketed- wallet was stolen/taken
- Car Jacked- car was robbed/removed from owner
- Car accident- cars hit each other and resulted in damage/injury
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases IELTS LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Reg Files Sentence Snippets Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice