Being Sick, Doctors and Hospitals
Everyone gets sick once in a while. Below you will find phrases to help you talk about sickness in English.
- I feel sick.
- I need to go to the doctor.
Cold symptoms include:
Sneezing, congested, headache, sore throat, etc.
- I have a cold.
- Flu symptoms include: fever, chills, nausea, runny nose, sore throat, etc. I have the flu. What are you symptoms? Where does it hurt?
- Common Symptoms of Sickness: (symptoms – signs /concerns)
- Headache- head hurts
- Stomachache- stomach hurts
- Dizzy- feel light headed, or that the room is spinning
- Earache- ear hurts
- Cough- a loud noise from lungs/mouth when you expel air
- Diarrhea- go to the bathroom (defecate) at lot, many times
- Toothache- tooth hurts
- I have a stomachache.
- I have had an earache for the last week.
- I have been dizzy for a few hours.
- I’m not sure why.
Adjective Adverb Articles Capitalization Clauses Common Mistake ConditionalSentence English Writing HTML+Css Idiom&Phrases IELTS LinkingWords Narration Noun Old Questions Other Ways to Say Parts of speech Preposition Pronoun Reg Files Sentence Snippets Speaking Synonyms Tag Questions Tense The Calender Transition Words Verb Voice