2020 Old Questions
1. If you do not study regularly, you will not pass the exam with high marks.
Unless you study regularly, you will not pass the exam with high marks.
2. She cannot speak when she is angry. She cannot move, either.
She can …..
She can neither speak nor move when she is angry.
3. The poem was so fascinating that I could not help reading it again and again.
It was such …..
It was such a fascinating poem that I could not help reading it again and again.
4. When my aunt gets older, she becomes more talkative.
The older …..
The older my aunt gets, the more talkative she becomes.
5. The mother said, “Children, wash your hands before and after meals.
The mother told …..
The mother told her children to wash their hands before and after meals.
6. All the students in our school obey the rules and regulations of our school.
There is …..
There is no student in our school who does not obey the rules and regulations of our school.
7. Although Thuzar got up early today, she missed the school bus.
In spite of …..
In spite of getting up early today, Thuzar missed the school bus.
8. As soon as he arrived home, he went into the kitchen and had dinner.
No sooner …..
No sooner did he arrive home than he went into the kitchen and had dinner.
9. The sun orbits around the Milky Way galaxy. It is the heart of our solar system.
The sun, …..
The sun, the heart of our solar system, orbits around the Milky Way galaxy. ( OR )
The sun, which is the heart of our solar system, orbits around the Milky Way galaxy.
10. The vegetables were washed and then put in the refrigerator.
After being washed, the vegetables were put in the refrigerator.
1. He told me that he had seen my cat in front of his house two days before.
He said to me …..
He said to me, “I saw your cat in front of my house two days ago.
2. A dream can become reality through determination and hard work.
It is …..
It is through determination and hard work that a dream can become reality.
3. Good habits formed through practice can transform us into valuable citizens.
We can be transformed into valuable citizens by good habits formed through practice.
4. The world’s attention has been captured by outstanding persons throughout history.
Outstanding persons …..
Outstanding persons have captured the world’s attention throughout history.
5. You cannot keep the city clean. You do not stop your habit of littering.
Without stopping your habit of littering, you cannot keep the city clean.
6. The return on the investment in education is higher than that on the investment in physical capital.
The return on the investment in physical …..
The return on the investment in physical capital is not as high as that on the investment in education.
7. All teachers have a strong desire to improve the lives of their students.
There is no …..
There is no teacher who does not have a strong desire to improve the lives of his or her students.
8. In spite of the hardships she faces in life, she never fails to have a positive outlook on life.
Although she faces hardships in life, she never fails to have a positive outlook on life.
9. His room was so untidy that he could not find anything he was looking for.
It was such …..
It was such an untidy room that he could not find anything he was looking for.
10. His father said to him, “You can follow your heart if you pass this exam.”
His father told him …..
His father told him that he could follow his heart if he passed that exam.